Thursday, October 15, 2009

VoiceThread Entry

I loved the VoiceThread program. I found myself wanting to find more images so that I could keep writing! The applications in particular for teaching are boundless. I like the idea of students being able to access slideshows or lessons built with VoiceThread for access whenever they want them. There's something reassuring in a constant reference for them to look at. From my passion of teaching comics, there's no end to using this. When we took a look at VideoANT, I kept trying to think of ways to apply it to comics. And now I have program for it.

For my project, I briefly talked about body image in mainstream superhero comics. There's a very unnatural average body that appears in superhero comics, and it's not one that appears in real life very often. It's certainly not a new issue, but it is one that require attention. In particular, proponents of comics-based teaching like myself need to address and consider the issue: it's present in some of the material I'd like to teach! The VoiceThread is below. I intend to revisit this issue when I have some more time, probably with this software. I'll post below when that happens.

VoiceThread!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciated your VoiceThread because it addressed a print medium which I think we sometimes forget about because we are so busy talking about the internet, television and cell phones. I think we could possibly use yours in our intersession (or a similar version!) Great work Mr. Miller :)

    ReplyDelete